One good thing about MTK devices is that you can easily tweak them.
This means that you can change the IMEI of your MTK Android device to any IMEI you want with easy.
Most Android users have changed the IMEI of their devices to the IMEI of BB to enable them use BB plans on their Android device.
Why You May Want To Change Your IMEI:
- Changing your IMEI will enable you use BlackBerry subscription plans such as Airtel BB plan, Glo BIS plan etc on your Android devices.
- There is no risk involved with changing IMEI. You can always revert back to the original IMEI using the same method if you ever want to go back.
- Android device with MTK processor, such as Infinix phones, Tecno phones, Gionee etc
- IMEI changer. There are a lot of them out there but my most preferred is “Engineer Mode MTK”. You can download it from Google Playstore.
- IMEI number you want to change to.
How To Change Your IMEI
Just follow these easy steps below.
Step 1. Open Engineer Mode MTK app or whatever app you are using.
Step 2. Under ‘Connectivity’, select ‘CDS Information’.
Step 3. Select ‘Radio Information’ from the next page.
Step 4. On the next page, choose ‘Phone 1’ or ‘Phone 2’ if you are using a dual SIM phone.
Step 5. Type any character after AT+ and delete only the character you typed.
When you do that, some options will appear.
Choose the 1st option if you want to tweak the IMEI of SIM one or choose the 2nd option for SIM 2.
Step 6. Now type your IMEI between the quotation mark (“”).
Step 7. After typing your IMEI, take your cursor to the other end (before ‘A‘) and hit the space bar once.
Step 8. Hit the ‘Send at Command’ button and reboot your phone.
All things being OK, when you hit the send command button, you should see something like ‘AT command is sent: OK’.
To confirm that the IMEI was changed successfully, after rebooting your phone, go to Settings>>About phone>>Status>>IMEI information.
If you want to change back to your original IMEI, just follow the same procedure.
You can find the original IMEI of your phone on your phone pack or by removing the back lid of your phone and the battery (if your battery is removable).
That’s it on changing IMEI of your Android phone. If you still have any question, drop it using the comment box below.